Thursday, October 17, 2019

Day 8 - Exploring Canarvon Gorge, Part 1



The team was up early, bacon and eggs consumed, sensible hats and footwear selected and we were on the trail by 6.45. Just Josh and I hiking today. Tom and Em had a rest day in camp exploring the nearby platypus rock pool and creek beds















I'm behind in my post, so I'll keep this brief. I'm planing another early wake up so Tom and I can explore some of the other sections on the the Gorge.

Today Josh and I covered 15 kms and about 52 dad jokes. I thought my best was singing Khalid's "Talk", while swapping in the word "walk" instead... oh how we (I) laughed, until I was forcefully banned from singing...

Too much to write - here are the sights. For those who know the area, we made it to Ward's Canyon and "The Art Gallery"
























PS - For those asking me how to comment on this blog, I have updated the setting so all should be able to post comments without being a member of the blog

2 comments:

  1. 15kms by Josh. Impressive! Good work mate. I’m enjoying reading about the adventures. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting journey and what a wonderful experience for Tom and Josh. I've been reliving the fantastic times dad and I had in the places you've been, especially Carnarvon Gorge. More exciting times ahead of you. Can't wait to read on. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete