Thursday, October 10, 2019

Day 1 - Nagambie



We finally hit the road! Can hardly believe it's happening after 6 weeks of prep and 2 years of dreaming.




We eased into our first day on the road making a short trip from grey wet Ballarat to sunny Nagambie. Not too much to report on so far. The van towed well and I managed to get 17L per 100km (diesel fuel consumption). This was a pleasant surprise given the amount we crammed into the van and how heavy our rig felt on the road. I felt very proud heading up the holiday road with family telling jokes and singing songs. It's now 9pm, everyone in the van is all tucked up in bed and I'm probably annoying them as I tap away at the key board.

Pics: 
Above: Leaving grey Ballarat
Below: Nagambie cemetery to visit Em's Grandparents. Then arrived at our first camp site for a  leisurely afternoon along side Lake Nagambie. Josh and Tom hit the skate park then a quick fed before bed. Yes this is my first post from the road - so im just figuring things out.. im sure it'll get more exciting 😛









1 comment:

  1. that looks like a skate park I went to with you guys in Ballarat-cam

    ReplyDelete